How to make smartphone videos
Thursday 2 November 2023 10am-2pm
October: Melbourne TBC
November: McNeill Real Estate 14/33 Milgate Dr, Mornington VIC 3931
Bring your smart phone and be prepared to do some filming. If you want props, such as product to sell, bring them along!
What people have said..
“I was lucky enough to join Merrin’s recent video workshop. The content was well researched and delivered with humour making it enjoyable as well as extremely useful. We came away with information on hardware, apps and loads of tips for creating current videos with just our smart phones. Result was ability to produce quality content to effortlessly support our branding strategy.
Merrin has a gift for making something daunting seem like an everyday easy must!”
Personal Brand Strategist and Identity Advisor
Welcome to the workshop run by Merrin Munroe and Jack McMahon to learn how to make smartphone videos like a pro. We are going to teach you the smartphone video basics so that you can make better videos from your phone. We are going to do this over 1 x 4 hour session so that you have time to learn about your phone and camera, plan out and script a video to make, and then make a video. Or two!
- Meet the instructor / where are you at?
- Learn what makes a good video vs a bad video
- Learn various video formats
- Test out your phone
- Discuss pro tips and some editing terminology
- We talk about stories and how they can make you stand out
- Scripts and how to create one, so you can work on it for the next session
Session 2: Consolidation and creation
- Scripts and shot lists
- Editing software and how to edit
- Teleprompters or post it notes
- Make a video
You will also get a tripod and a lapel microphone to take home with you.
Thursday 2 November 10am-2pm